Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You know you're old when....

There are many things that make me feel old.

- Maybe the fact that I now have 3 children. THREE!
- That I 'carpool'.
- Because my car smells like food and spilled sippy cup (you know that smell I'm talking about).
- I am 'thirtysomething'.
- I go to bed by 9 usually....10 at the LATEST.
- I have a medicine case FULL of medicines.
- I don't flick other drivers off anymore.
- I use the phrase 'because I said so' all the time.

The list goes on and on. All of these things that have the potential of making me feel not-so-young anymore...yet I still feel pretty damn young. Way younger than my age. UNTIL! *dum dum dummmmmm* (insert spooky music here)

Jacob has a loose tooth. A loose tooth! I don't know why this makes me feel so middle-aged, but it does. People my age have babies, and carry around stylish diaper bags, and are still obsessed with the latest and greatest (which I consider myself in that category also). But to have a kid with a loose tooth? Now that's old. It just is.

Now excuse me while I go take my handful of medicine, brush and floss my teeth, apply my carmex, and fall into the bed without so much as watching the news. At 9:11 pm. I may as well be changing my own diaper! *sigh*

3 comments:

Ebbs said...

Sorry for ya!!! :) Just wait........the saga only grows more interesting. However,knowing you as I do.......you will never grow old in spirit!!!

Mama Lou said...

Sugah, you don't know what OLD is - I'm more than twice your age and still going strong, just not as fast! Enjoy every minute of your "old age" :-)

*Jodi* said...

OMG... I seriously just had water coming out my nose from laughing at you!

I miss you... and your funny self doubting self!