Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Chicken salad heaven

So yesterday, I was totally in chicken salad heaven. I am doing a Christmas luncheon for the teachers at Jacob and Parker's school, and wanted to serve a good chicken salad. While there are many good chicken salad recipes out there, I wanted to find the best, most holiday-ish one that I could find. I spent the morning in the kitchen yesterday mixing up different kinds of chicken salad until I could find the perfect one. And folks...I DID IT! And wouldn't you know that it was the simplest one I tried. Sometimes the right combination of yummy ingredients is the best...in this case it definitely was.

So here you go!

Combine the following:

1 roasted chicken, deboned and cut or pulled into small bite-size chunks ( I like them cut into uniform pieces. I am weird that way. I don't want a long piece of pulled chicken in my chicken salad. *shivers* Pulled chicken is for barbecue!)
1 – 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
½ - 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
2 tablespoons poppy seeds


Mix:
½ cup plain yogurt (I used 0% fat, Greek Yogurt. Very tangy and creamy.)
½ cup sour cream (I used light)
½ cup mayonnaise (Also used light on this...and don't you dare use that Miracle Whip crap)

Combine with chicken mixture, place in storage container and refrigerate.

THAT'S IT!! 4 ingredients; 7 if you count the dressing. I ate it on wheat thins and it was delicious. Make it for dinner one time this week.....you won't be sorry!

No comments: