Monday, November 24, 2008

On the mend......

I am speaking for myself here, as the boys are still sleeping. Of course, it is 6:45 and they still aren't awake....which could mean they are not 100%. But since I wasn't woken in the night to clean up throw up, I will assume that all is well and that we are all on the mend. I sure hope that's the case, because I have a lot of Thanksgiving grocery shopping that I need to do today! The kids are out of school this week (of course) so I will have them all in tow.

We are spending Thanksgiving at Chris & Ana's this year. They are 'taking in' all the poor souls that have nowhere to go for Thanksgiving. We will join them, along with Pam and Travis and their kids, and Kat and Scott and their kids. That will equal 8 adults and TWELVE children. Yikes!! Should be a lot of fun though. Ana, Jen and I are starting the morning with the famous 'Turkey Trot' in Dallas. It is an 8 mile race that helps get your blood flowing and clear your stomach for all of the food you will be ingesting that day. After we get home and I shower, we will head over to the Jordan's to eat early afternoon (I believe). Later in the day, the Kieffers will be having their annual 'Turkey Bowl'; a flag football game for moms, dads and kids to enjoy. It should be a lot of fun!!

We are bringing Dressing, Green Bean and Portabello Mushroom Casserole (not your traditional soggy slop casserole *shivers*), Apple Pie and Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake. I am also Making Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies with Maple Frosting for Mike to bring to work. My schedule is as follows:

Monday: Grocery Shop and make cookies for Mike's work

Tuesday: Chop and bag veggies for dressing, cook fresh green beans & dice Mushrooms for casserole, set out bread for dressing to stale, peel and slice apples for pie, and make Cheesecake.

Wednesday: Make dressing, Make GB casserole and make Apple Pie

Not too bad! It is super easy when you are sharing Thanksgiving duties. Although I secretly love to be in the kitchen all day for a few days straight so it would be OK if I had to make it all!

Other activities today include making lemonade for a lemonade stand. Yesterday Jacob picked ALL the lemons off my lemon trees...and got about 20-25 lemons. He wants to make homemade lemonade to sell, so why not. I have a good book to read so I don't mind sitting out on my rocking chairs while he tries to sell lemonade.

I will leave you a pic for the day!

3 comments:

Mama Lou said...

Your energy level absolutely exhausts me. How do you do it with 3 kids. If only I lived next door, I could hold Eden ALL DAY. Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love ya'

Jessica said...

Wouldnt that be nice Mama Lou!???!

Jennifer said...

I wish I was there. I'd buy lemonade from your cute little man!! Happy Turkey Day Jess!