Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Mother Letter Project

This was passed onto me and I wanted to share it with you guys. There is the sweetest request that has been made from a husband, wanting to give his wife something very special for Christmas. Here is the website if you are interested in reading it...

http://www.motherletter.blogspot.com

Here is a small write up:

As you may already know, I am creating Christmas for my wife this year and this is the site devoted to her present. Simply stated, I am collecting a series of “open letters” from mothers, to mothers. I am asking you to share your stories—no matter how raw or difficult. Share you concerns or worries—no matter how foolish they may seem. Share your wisdom—no matter how you came by it. Share your mother story. The only request? Start the letter “Dear Mother” and sign it. I will compile all of the letters in a Christmas book for both my wife AND YOU. If you share a letter before Christmas you will receive an electronic copy of the Mother Letters. Submit your letter by leaving a comment here, or email you letter to motherletter@gmail.com.


Soooo...I decided to take part. Here is the letter I submitted and I cannot wait to read them ALL! Being a Mother is the best part of my life.

"Dear Mother,

In 8 months I will have a 1 year old. I don’t want a 1 year old; I want this chubby, smiley 4 month old to stay 4 months old……maybe forever. I don’t know what the world needs with more adults. Adults are big and lanky and have to do special things to be cute. Babies are always cute, no matter what they do. This baby is the last of my three children. I have already watched chubby babies grow up into precocious toddlers and curious little boys. That has been a joy, too….but now I want to keep my baby. Forever.

You see, we weren’t ‘supposed’ to have this baby. We were all done….but God had other plans for us. When I got pregnant with her, my second child was only 17 months old. I felt like I already had a baby and I didn’t want another one. I was upset over it and it took a month or two for me to be OK and excited about it. Now she is here and she is the light in our lives. We feel a sense of completion that we never knew was lacking.

My day consists of running myself and my children all over creation. From school to the gym, then errands, then pick up the boys from school. Then a few hours later there is usually some kind of practice, followed by getting dinner on the table, baths and bedtime. Our baby goes in and out of the car all day long. All I want to do is sit on the couch with her and make her smile. Watch her blow spit bubbles and talk baby talk to her. Soak up every ounce of her and bottle up her smell so I will never forget. I have already forgotten what my boys smelled like at this age. What their baby breath smelled like. How their head felt when it was nuzzled in my neck. I don’t want to forget her and I know I will. This makes me so sad.

So I want time to stop for a while. I don’t want to have her in the car all day. I don’t want her to be 5 months, and then 6 months, and then 7 months. I want her to always be my little baby girl. The girl I didn’t expect. The little thief who has stolen my heart. She is truly a gift from God and I am so thankful for her. I just hope I can be the Mother to my children that mine was to me.

Love, Jessica"

3 comments:

Mama Lou said...

Oh Jess, I'm so glad I didn't have to cook all day, as I have been an emotional mess! Your Blog this morning got me started and I just went from bad to worse. Your second one had me sobbing, not just in tears. I so distictly remember your birth and all the wonderful memories that followed. You should write a book, as your writing comes straight from your heart and conveys straight to mine. I do hope Parker is better so you can enjoy Thanksgiving at Ana's! Enjoy every minute of those precious angels, as they're gone long before you're ready, believe me! I love you!!!

*Jodi* said...

Bawling... I loved it... so sweet. Eden is a very lucky girl to have such a wonderful roll model as you!
xoxo

Messy Jess said...

I loved your letter! So precious!