Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My apologies....

I apologize for not keeping up with my blog as well as I have been these last couple months. We had a houseful last week (which was awesome and I was so sad to see them go), and now my computer is on the fritz. I am typing now from my old SLOW laptop. Suddenly last Saturday my computer "could not detect the hard drive". Mike brought it into work and they determined that it was indeed shot. He ordered another one so my good computer should be back up in running in the next few days. The bad news is that EVERYTHING was housed on my old computer. We had backups of everything up until Eden's birth...but nothing since then. All of my pictures, etc....gone. We can try to pay someone to retrieve some of that information off of it, which we will do, but there are no guarantees. All of my pictures of my baby! I could just cry. I remain positive that we will be able to get them off though.

Speaking of my baby.....a year ago this very day we learned that Eden was a girl. Chris and Ashley McCool were in the hospital having Nolan, and we were upstairs getting our ultrasound. We walked downstairs to see them and their new baby boy after the ultrasound. Nolan is a year old today so I was reminded of that whole day and how exciting it was for both of us family's. Boy how time flies!!

I have taken Eden's 7 month picture, and her picture for this week, but I am waiting until my computer is fixed to upload them. Sit tight though, I promise to get back as soon I can!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, don't panic and don't cry and don't freak out. This happened to me when Noah was 10 months old and we "lost" every picture since I was pregnant with him (details: http://seriouslybecause.com/2008/05/19/back-that-thing-up/). I had a nervous breakdown... until I found ESS Data Recovery. It will cost you, but they can save everything. Go to this link: http://seriouslybecause.com/2008/06/30/if-your-hard-drive-ever-crashes/