Monday, March 30, 2009

Coffee and 42 vitamins

Let's play a guessing game. Which 2 year old do you know that sneaks coffee and drinks it? The same one that ate 42 vitamins on Saturday! You guessed it...Parker!

Saturday at about noon, Parker randomly threw up. We could tell he didn't feel bad, so we were brainstorming what could have caused him to throw up. Mike mentioned that Jacob had told him earlier that he had seen Parker eating 2 vitamins. Since Mike had already given him one, that made a total of 3. Mike said, "maybe the 3 vitamins caused him to throw up?". When he said that I grabbed the jar of vitamins and looked in it. I had bought the jar just the day before...and it was nearly empty! I immediately dumped them out and counted them, and there were 12 left. There were 60 count in the jar, so I did the math on what we had already given them the day before and it left 42 unaccounted for. 42 vitamins!!

I called poison control right away and they told me since there was no iron in them that he would be ok, just to watch him for stomach upset and to keep him on the brat diet for the rest of the day. Thank goodness he was OK....how scary!!

And yes, this is the same child that sneaks drinks of my coffee and says, "please, just onnnnnne sip.". LOL!

1 comment:

Ebbs said...

I have had clients do that - darn those vitamin companies for making them so candy like and yummy! Yes......Dennis the Menace!!! Gotta love him!