Friday, January 29, 2010

WOW

That is the only word I can formulate right now....

Remember baby Allie? 5 years ago last September she passed away from Leukemia at only 9 months old. I followed her mom, Jenny's ,blog and became obsessed with finding a cure for Leukemia and Lymphoma......and so started my journey with Team in Training. I didn't even care about the running at first, I just wanted to raise money to find a cure for this dreaded disease that takes the lives of our families, friends and children.

I have done a few events with Team in Training since then, my first event (and marathon) in San Fransisco, and most recently in Rome, Italy. I decided to do another one this coming June; The Rock and Roll marathon in San Diego.

But this is not the purpose behind the post. Back to Jenny and baby Allie.

After Allie passed, Jenny and her husband had another baby girl who they named Maggie. Now she is 3 (or 4?). Last week she had another baby girl, Katie. I still follow her blog to this day, as she was such an inspiration to me. One of her friends is a photographer and took pictures of her new baby girl today. Please check this link and scroll down to the 5th picture where baby Katie is holding a locket with Allie's picture in it....and try not to cry.

Betcha cant.

No comments: