Friday, January 29, 2010

Parker the nut!

So Parker has a habit of coming out of his room at night. And when I say coming out of his room I mean like 659826 times. Usually its that he "has to go to the bathroom" or "needs a drink" or "needs to tell you something", but recently we have gone in there after hearing much commotion and he is out of bed, lights on and playing with stuff in his room. Last night he came out though because he needed to "tell me something" (which turned out to be 'Ummm, ummm, ummmmmmmmmm I love you.'), but he was decked out in this get-up! A Happy New Year pimp hat, sunglasses and a stuffed snake tied around his waist. He's a mess and I couldn't help but laugh!


In other news, all has been pretty quiet around here. Eden had her 18 month check up yesterday and she proved to be just as advanced as I thought she was! ;) He even commented on how it was amazing that she was already jumping with two feet at her age and that I "need to keep an eye on her." Ummm, you're tellin me Dr. G! She can climb up my barstools now and climb onto the island....where my GINORMOUS knife set is located! I will come in the kitchen and there she is, standing on top of the island walking around. I guess I need to store my barstools away from the island until she gets a little older and knows better than to stand up there! But, she was 26 lbs 2 oz, which keeps her in the 75th % (she has been there all along) and 32.5 inches which keeps her in the 90th.

Her new 'game' is blowing bubbles in her cereal bowl. She will have bubbles covering the cereal and at least 3 inches high. Its hilarious! Here are the beginnings of the bubble mountain...

Also, here's a quick pic of her and our friend Callie at Jacobs soccer game!


Jacob turns in his Haiti money today. He raised $210! If you told me you wanted one, I sent it out and paid the money for it since the money was due today. I am so proud of my charitable little dude!

And lastly, on the subject of Charitable, I have decided to sign up for another race with Team in Training. I will be running the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon on June 6th with Ana, Jen and Ashley. I couldn't be more excited and we are going to have a BLAAAAAAST!! Not sure what I am thinking on this; I still want to keep up my weight training (which will mean double the work and double the time)...but I have always wanted to do this marathon! Plus, a girls trip to San Diego? Awesome.

Hope you are having a good week. TGIF!

2 comments:

Ebbs said...

Parker just always makes me laugh!!! He is such a hoot! YAY for Jacob - give him high-five from me! When can I or me and K come down for a visit?? I wanna play with the kiddos - oh, and see you, of course!

Mama Lou said...

I want Parker to wake me up in the middle of the night and tell me he loves me :-)You're a lucky Mom!