Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pre-marathon jitters....

Well, the White Rock half marathon is this weekend. Sunday morning to be exact. And I am a ball of nerves.

I am not sure why, as I have been training for months now. I have been running tons, weight training and eating properly. (Except for last night's dinner which consisted of a bag of popcorn and some leftover apple pie. And I had it a la mode of course. But lets not talk about that). Besides that though...I have been fueling and hydrating properly. Other than my sleeping, I have been doing everything right! So why am I nervous? Not sure. I really want to have a good run and enjoy it. I don't want to suffer through the whole thing....which inevitably happens from time to time. Runs will be going great and then one will SUCK...for no apparent reason. I haven't had a bad run in a while and I am due! Lets just hope it isn't this weekend.

When people ask me if I am doing the full or the half, I always respond with "Just the half". "Just the half". Why do I say that!? It is 13 miles for God's sake, and 13 miles is nothing to scoff at. I'm sure when I finish and people ask me I wont be saying "Just 13 miles"!

Anywho...cross your fingers and toes that I have a good run. 13 miles is a long way to go to have a sucky run. I need to put together a playlist. Any good tune ideas?

4 comments:

Mama Lou said...

From 'THE SECRET' (PER kIRK)
Create your day in advance by thinking the way you want it to go, and you will create your life intentionally!

Ask, believe and receive!

Good luck and know you'll do great!
I love you!

kaley. said...

You definitely need to put the song "Untouched" by The Veronicas on your playlist... It has a great running beat to it. And think of me when it comes on :)

Stacie said...

the new britney album! i'm sure you'll do great....you always do.

Jessica said...

Untouched....CHECK! Thanks Kaley!
The new Brit Brit...CHECK! Thanks to you too Stac!