Monday, December 15, 2008

2:02:00

Yesterday was the White Rock Half Marathon and I proudly completed it in 2 hours and 2 minutes...exactly! My watch showed 2:02:04, but the official results have me at 2:02:00 so I wont argue. ;) It was a really tough race for me. I wasn't feeling well, so I took some DayQuil on the way to the race. Anyone who knows anything about running knows to NEVER do anything different on race day, but I had to...I just wasn't feeling up to par. That really messed me up! I was profusely sweating and I could tell my circulation was affected...my legs felt like bricks! But I did it and it is over. Whew! ;) Here are a few pics from yesterday!

Me right after finishing...



Me and the kids. Parker was not amused!



The fam



Lisel, Jen, Me and Ana




Also, I want to apologize for being slack on my blog. Preparing for the holidays have had us sooo busy and I literally haven't had time to do it. I'll be better after Christmas, I promise!

A quick update on the past week...

1. Parker got all his hair cut off! It made me really sad, but he always wanted a 'mohawk' like his brother...and his hair was just too long. I asked them if they could trim the top and they said "not without cutting the sides shorter"....so I gave in. BOO-HOO! (but everyone LOVES it!....except me)

2. We were paid a visit my one of Santa's elves! The "Elf on the Shelf" is the new fad and we got one! We named ours Herbie (Jacobs choice) and every night he goes back to Santa and gives a report...and appears the next morning in a new spot. The kids - namely Jacob - love finding him in the morning!

3. I got my Christmas cards out. You should be receiving them within the week!

That about sums it up......

1 comment:

Mama Lou said...

WOW - oh WOW!! You really did great. I talked with your Mom earlier and she said you weren't feeling too great, so of course this grandmother worried ALL day. Am so proud of you and your devotion to what you love. Can't believe 2:02! See you a week from today :-) YEAH!!!!

xox to the kids!