Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Paci Fairy

Well we were allll ready for the Paci Fairy last night! Parker decided he was done with his paci because he wanted the Paci Fairy to bring him his "own DS" (Nintendo DS that would be. Unbelievably he knows how to play it...from watching Jacob). Anyway, the Paci Fairy did what he or she had to do to get the DS and we were all so excited!

When Mike got home from work we all played hide-and-seek with the paci's. I'm not sure how many we found, but we found lots! Parker cut them all and then ceremoniously dropped them one by one into the jar. He left it in a special place and was all excited!

Here he is with his jar of Paci's!



Look at all those Paci's!



See how he cut each one down the middle? After he did each one, he would stick it in his mouth to try it and each time he said "Nope!"



We put him to bed and that's when the tears started. "I want my paci!". "I don't want a DS, I want my paci!". This continued for about 20 minutes. He wasn't being obnoxious about it, he was just so sad that he didn't have his paci. Finally, Mike said, "Jess, I don't think he is ready." Luckily, we saved out one paci that wasn't cut.

I went in there and explained to him that if I gave him the paci, the paci fairy wouldn't come. He was ok with that and repeated through his sobs, "I don't want my own DS, I just want my paci."

Sooooo....we're back to square one on the paci's. This paci I will leave in his bed ONLY. If this one gets lost though...that's it! The rest are all cut up!

No comments: