Sunday, January 18, 2009

14 miles

Well, our training is ramping up this month. Yesterday was a 14 mile run, up from 10 miles the weekend before. It is amazing how your legs just 'know' that you haven't run that far. After about 12, they started to ache. The run was fabulous though and I felt great the whole time. This next weekend is 16 miles, followed by 18 miles. I am scared of the 18 miler because I am supposed to do it while I am in Hawaii! Of course I am not going to do it there, but I will feel like I have to do it when I get home. Running 18 miles by yourself is so daunting! When you are in a group and everyone is in it with you, it is great. By yourself? Not so much.

Fundraising is going awesome! You can see my progress here. I am still far from my goal of $10,000, but I have 2 months to go still. Thank you SO MUCH to those of you who have donated!!

My health is great though and I am feeling wonderful since having Eden. My meds must be doing their job! I went in this past week to get an assessment at the gym. I am still a little heavier weight wise than I was before I had Eden (4 lbs), but my body fat was at 15% so I was very pleased with that. I have been working so hard, it's good to see there is a pay-off. I know I am in better shape than I have been...maybe ever. I am weight training now and it makes such a huge difference! I'm sure that's why I am little heavier, too. Muscle weighs more than fat and I know for a fact my legs are bigger than before because my jeans are tight in the thighs. I love it!

In other news, we still have the paci. UGH! He (and we) are having a hard time letting it go. When it is 9:30 pm and he is still getting out of bed asking for it, we just give in. We are exhausted with it!

Jacob is doing well in school and loving basketball. His team got spanked yesterday 20-0 (have you ever heard of a shut out in basketball? LOL), but they had so much fun during the game and that's all that matters. We have him signed up for Coach Pitch baseball so we are all very excited for that to start.

Eden is doing great and her cold is almost gone. YAY! She is such a little chunker butt and is the happiest baby EVER!! Here is a cute pic of her from yesterday (taken by my phone). She pooped all over herself at lunch so I took off her outfit. The spare outfit that is normally in my diaper bag had mysteriously disappeared and we HAD to stop by a store real quick. So we strapped her in her car seat and wrapped the blanket around her so snug that she couldn't wiggle around. It was white trash, but its all we could do!

2 comments:

Mama Lou said...

Eden looks like a Dresden doll!!!

Have a great time in Hawaii! Love you and hugs to the kiddos!

Twisted Cinderella said...

She looks adorable!