Sunday, April 19, 2009

Parker


Parker game, originally uploaded by jhdevenny.

I give Parker so much grief. It's just that he's SUCH a mess, always into everything and it seems like he is always plotting what he will do next. He is the kid who stands outside the dugout heckling Jacob's team. He's 2 years old! Well, almost 3, but still! He is the kid who will whip it out anywhere and everywhere and start peeing before we even realize his pants are down. He is the one who will talk to anyone, about anything. He has such a big personality, just like Jacob, but they are so very different.

This weekend he gave up his paci. Yep, he finally did it! I know I blogged about it a long time ago, but he/we got back into the habit. The 'only bedtime' paci started making it's appearance more and more frequently. We got tired of always searching for the one paci, so I bought more. A couple times. Before I knew it, he had like 10 paci's again. But Thursday night we called it quits.

It was actually a HORRIBLE night, with him up for a 3 hour period screaming crying in the night. The following day, in my zombie like state, and just when I was contemplating defeat, I noticed that his ear was running. I knew exactly what it was, because before he had tubes this always used to happen. Then it allll started making sense. The screaming crying, the constant waking.....and all along he was telling me he wanted his paci so I assumed that's what it was. Coincidentally though, his ear drum had ruptured. I found this out the next day when I took him to the doctor, but I knew the minute I saw his ear. I felt so terrible for getting frustrated with him the night before! The pressure before it ruptured must have been insane.

Anyway, it's all said and done now because we have been without a paci for 3 nights now and he is on a round of antibiotics for his ears. All is calm again in the Devenny household and I am so proud of my little (big) man. Doesn't he look so grown up in this picture?

Also, just for laughs, here is a short video of him doing the 'Stanky Legg'. The Stanky Leg is a VERY stupid dance to a song that is out right now, but Parker loves it! LOL.

4 comments:

Ebbs said...

Oh... he is cute!!! The skanky leg...save this and show him in 6 years!!! No...15 years!!!

Ebbs said...

Oops!!! Stanky Leg - as you can tell..I have not heard this song yet!

Mama Lou said...

Don't know what the heck the song is, but that's the cutest thing I EVER saw!!!!!

Lala said...

Wow...that picture of Parker is AWESOME!!! ! Frameworthy!!!! Oh and I can't get enough of Parker's "Stanky Leg" dance. He has rhythm!