Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Twilight

So I am totally obsessed with Stephanie Meyer's 'Twilight' series. I am on book 3 and all I want to do is read. I don't want to clean, cook, do laundry, or even talk on the phone. When Eden wakes up from her nap, I feel a pang of disappointment that I have to put my book down. How pitiful is that!? I don't even want to 'waste time' working out. All I want to do is read.

Speaking of working out....geesh!...how frustrating. Usually after a baby I can whip myself into shape with the snap of my fingers. I can lose 5 lbs in a week if I want to. This time? Nope. Not happening. I am STUCK at 144 lbs and the scale isn't budging (except to rise a few lbs whenever I decide to stray from my good eating). I still have 10-15 lbs to lose and it seems like I will never get there. Is this some cruel joke God plays on you when you reach thirysomething? If so, its not funny.

Today I am off to run before Mike leaves for work, and then after I drop the kids at school, I will head to the gym for some weight training. We have a friends' birthday lunch today so I'd better be good this morning so I can have something besides lettuce for lunch.

So I'd better get moving. We had a great weekend in Gulf Breeze! Thanks to Laura and Ty for having us. I loved meeting baby Leah and playing with Nate!

1 comment:

*Jodi* said...

I've heard that the 30's suck... Though I wouldn't know... At 29, I'm still hangin' tough...
ROFL'ing!