Thursday, January 6, 2011

Deck the Halls

What a wonderful Christmas we had!

Its been a while since I posted...because we were gone for 2 whole weeks! Before we left, we gave the kids our presents. (Mostly because all but Jacob's were huge and we didn't feel like schlepping them to Florida). Jacob loved his iTouch, Parker screamed when he saw his Razor 360, and contrary to how it appears in this picture, the Diva was in love with her kitchen!...(she was having a moment)...


We left for Florida the day after that. The first half of our Christmas break was spent in Florida with my family. *That* is always a HUGE party and of course this year was no different. The typical day goes something like this:

Wake up
Breakfast/run
Shop
Shop
Shop
Lunch
Shop
Shop
Shop
Champagne
Dinner
Sleep

Sounds fun huh? Well it IS!! It is awesome and it just gets better and better each year!

Eden showing off her pretty dress for Christmas eve Church

Cookies for Santa!

Bebe and Jacob

Poppy and the kiddos!

Time for Bebe's annual 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' reading..

The kids were enthralled..



Even Sixer was paying close attention. Or maybe it was the Santa cookies he was after..


Christmas morning was a blast! Eden was super into it this year and actually realized what was going to happen! I think the boys at 2 were completely oblivious, but not her. She was very excited!

Up at 6:30 and ready to see what Santa brought!

Present time!

Ive really got to get a new "I like your new present" face. I have this very same picture of myself from the last 7 years and it's hideous.

I don't think the teenager in the family was quite as excited to be up at 6:30 as the children were....

WOW, we are getting some major skunk eye from Laura. And I think Jacob smelled a fart. But don't worry, Iron Man is there to save the day. *click picture to see it in all it's glory..*

Lovin' on my girl. :)


After the shredding ended....we were off to Orlando to go to Disney World with Mike's family! If I told you that Mike and I *both* had the flu while we were there, it was 20 something degrees everyday, and we were also dealing with a freshly potty trained Diva, it wouldn't seem like any fun at all. But it was. It was a blast! Here are some pictures to prove it...





I think Belle was cold..


After 2 days of parks, we decided to take the kids to Downtown Disney. There are lots of restaurants, shopping and other things to do. We had lunch at Planet Hollywood and then headed over to the huge Disney Store.





This picture is courtesy of Parker..


And speaking of our budding photographer....I think he may be onto something. I dont mean to brag, but he has some mad picture taking skills.





This family is wondering who the weird kid taking their picture is.
I also might add that he had his Heely's on, so he was skating/weaving in and out of everyone in sight. It was so annoying awesome.

EYE EYE EYE. I had about 200 pictures to delete after I downloaded these.

Bygones.

So in a nutshell, we did Animal Kingdom one day, Epcot the next...then Downtown Disney on our day "off" and ended with Magic Kingdom...and it was great. Thank you so much Mimi and PopPop for a fantastic trip!

On the way home from Orlando we decided to take the kids through Tallahassee and show them our old stomping grounds. Jacob wanted a picture in front of the Baseball Stadium "so when he plays baseball there he can have the picture from when he was only 7."


Of course after seeing his big brother doing it, he wanted a picture also. I told him to stand still but he said "Hold on! I am slicing Pirates!" Oooooh Kayyyy.



And finally, Jacob sitting on the famous fountain by the football stadium. Its blurry but I had to include it.


Annnnnnd that wraps up our Christmas vacay. There were lots of other good times to talk about like sitting in E Care for hours on New Years Eve, Mike getting a speeding ticket for a Christmas present, or how much fun it was to try to shush Eden during Christmas Eve service while she was loudly doing cheers (bang bang choo choo train; come on Eagles do your fing!!).....but I wont bore you with those details.

I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday season and really enjoyed their family and friends. That's what its all about.

Merry, merry!

3 comments:

Stacie said...

looks like you had an awesome trip despite all of the speedbumps. and parker? he's freaking hilarious!!!! love it.

Bebe said...

Awwww.....what a wonderful Christmas and wonderful memories! What fun we had! So blessed....

Anonymous said...

This post cracked me up! I loved your story-telling and photos. Keep letting your boy take photos. He'll get better. Taylor's photos started that way, and now she's awesome.