Friday, January 28, 2011

More Accountability

So class, for today's lesson (lol)...heehee....

But really, today is Accountability idea #2.

2. Log your Time

This may seem strange, especially to those who stay extremely busy, but you have no idea of the wasted time in the day! I decided at the beginning of the year that this was something I was going to do. I do not have the most picked up house on the block, and I always blame it on that I'm too busy. "Something has got to go if I am going to start keeping the house perfectly picked up, and I can't let anything go", I'd say. Then again, I find plenty of time for Facebook, plenty of time for blogging, recipe searching, etc, etc. I realized that what it boiled down to was that I was making a priority for the things I enjoyed doing, but not for those in which I didn't enjoy. (Human nature!) But the fact is, I *could* find at least 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon to pick up the house, I just *wasn't*.

Time logging can be fabulous for your mental health because once you realize exactly what you are doing, only then can you 'find the time' to add in those things in that you *wish* you were doing. Whether it be working out, cleaning house, keeping on top of your laundry, bills, etc, etc.

So the challenge for today is this: Pick a time of the day when you are home for a few hours. Log what you do during those hours and then analyze how you can better spend your time so that you can fit in those undesirables! Because let's face it...life is full of undesirables, and it will always be that way. But you gotta do what you gotta do, so let's find a way to do it! (Only then will you realize, "Holy Crap! I spent 2.5 hours sitting on my computer today getting NOTHING done!")

Good luck! :)

No comments: