Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What is this?

Looks a little different in here huh? Well that's because I am going to be doing a wellness portion of this blog for a little while. Many people have expressed interest in this department so I thought I could help out (and of course the accountability will help me out also!) So here is my Wellness Rx.**

People frequently ask me what I do:

How do I work out?
How long do I work out/how many days a week?
What do I eat?
How do I cook healthy for my family and make it tasty so my kids will eat it?
How do I not yo-yo? (at one point in my life I was >25 lbs heavier and no - that wasn't when I was pregnant)
How have I made health and fitness a lifestyle for myself?

THIS is what this blog is about. I do A LOT of reading on health and fitness. From articles, to theories on your metabolism and how to change it, to healthy recipes, to newer, better workout ideas. Healthy living is something that I am very passionate about. I owe it to my kids to not only keep myself and my husband healthy, but to teach them how to live a health-minded lifestyle. Because as we all know, health is a journey not a destination; a lifestyle; something that always must be strived toward. Once you find your secret, you must change your life. For those of us who enjoy our lifestyle this is very scary! But trust me, this is a gift. I love my life; I have a great family, awesome friends and I have A LOT of fun! Just because I make healthy choices every day and am conscious of how I treat my body doesnt mean I am missing out on anything. Quite the contrary!

Join me in this journey. I will help you get to where you want to be. I will give you the tools necessary to jump on the health bandwagon regardless of your starting point. And my bandwagon has thick bars....there is no jumping off! Once you get your mind right, have the resources necessary to make better choices and want to live for your body, you will see the results that you want. They ARE acheiveable. They are NOT out of reach. They are RIGHT IN FRONT of you. Let's go get them. Let's find them and reign them in. Let today be the day that you change....for your sake and your families sake.

Let's go, let's work!!

**Remember...I am absolutely NOT an expert! I just do what I do and it works for me...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you train in Belgium?!! I've lost my mojo and DESPERATELY need to find it again!

Jessica said...

YES!! :) Virtual training! ;)

I will get everyone on the same page....and we will all be accountable to each other and will all succeed!!

Ebbs said...

I LOVE this!!! I am so excited for you. And it is soooooo imortant for your kiddos to grow up eating REAL food!!!

Amanda said...

....I'm listening ;)

Atkinson Family said...

I luv, luv, luv that you are doing this. This is your calling. Keep it up you are such a motivation.