Thursday, January 27, 2011

Accountability

Holding ourselves accountable is very important in achieving our goals. Unfortunately, I think for most people, being accountable to ourselves is a struggle. This is why people do better with a partner; a workout buddy; a friend that is on the same diet program that we are. But let's face it, this is not always going to be the case. I think this is why so many people yo-yo back and forth. There is not always going to be someone holding you accountable. You must do this for yourself. Do yourself this favor!

Ways to be accountable:

1. Food log.

We have all heard that keeping a food log is helpful in achieving weight loss goals. I think it is IMPERATIVE! So many people are resistant against keeping track of eating because it seems like such a chore. And honestly, at first it is. It is annoying to write down every cheerio you put in your mouth! But tough cookies...to re-learn something, you must be accountable. (and trust me...after a while you know exactly what you are eating and writing down every morsel might not be necessary!) I use www.livestrong.com/myplate and I LOVE it! I have been using it for years and it is awesome. It is super user-friendly and a great overall resource. Create an account and it will walk you through the steps of figuring out how many calories you need per day.

For me, it says I need 1,712 calories to lose one lb. per week. So far my day looks like this:

Coffee 5
International Delight Sugar Free French Vanilla 60
Thomas' 100 Calorie Light English Muffin, Multi grain 100
2 Egg White 32
Honey Crisp Apple 80
Tuna, Canned 100
Sam's Club Blackened Seasoned Salmon Fillets 6 oz. 260
Earthbound Farm Mixed Baby Greens 15
Kraft Light Balsamic Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Salad Dressing 19
Beachbody Shakeology 140

Totals: 811

Read more:

interesting, eh?

I HIGHLY recommend it!

Tomorrow I will be posting my 2nd accountability suggestion. All of these tools help my family and I stay on a healthy track. Tomorrow = managing my time.... Stay Tuned!

Have a great rest of the day and make healthy choices!!

No comments: