Thursday, December 16, 2010

Holiday cheer!

As promised, this week has proved to be EXTREMELY BUSY! I haven't had a moment to breathe and I love every minute of it. Gym and parties and shopping and school stuff...such happy times! I spent a HUGE part of the week baking for the teachers. I always give them a gift card, but also like to include something homemade. This year I decided on cupcakes. I made 4 different kinds; Italian Cream Cake, Red Velvet, Chocolate Espresso and Lemon. I put them in darling little boxes and they look so cute! My neighbor paid me an awesome compliment when he asked his wife where I had gotten them!





After that huge project was complete, we were off to Eden and Parker's Christmas program at school. Of course I cried...I just cannot get through a performance of children singing no matter what....and especially when it involves some of my own children!

Parker and Eden pre-performance. The little ones were supposed to wear their jammies because they had them on stage sitting down listening to a story.

Parker was very first to come in!

Oops, Eden spotted us and was very excited to see us!

So Parker looks unhappy in this picture but he sang his little heart out and had a great time doing it. He knew all the words to every song. When Away in a Manger came? Oh gosh, the tears!!

Away in a Manger and O Holy Night are the 2 songs that get me EVERY TIME!!

And last, our annual Santa picture. The quality is bad since our scanner isn't working and I had to take a picture of the picture. Jacob told Santa he forgot what was on his list, Parker asked for the North Pole (seriously what is he smoking) and Eden just screamed "MOMMY!" What a cheery bunch!

Holiday Cheer for all!!

4 comments:

Bebe said...

Cupcakes are darling and so are the kiddos! And by the way, you have been crying when Away in a Manger was played since you were 3 years old!!!

Stacie said...

please post the cupcake recipes to kisforkitchen! you amaze me.

Anonymous said...

Of all the treats teachers inevitably throw away, I can pretty much guarantee yours are keepers! They look divine! You will probably think I'm full of it, but I actually had a dream about your cupcakes after I saw these photos. I'm really not kidding. I think it's because I'm nursing, hungry 99% of the time, and mostly crave sweets! Ha! Also, that comment about Parker asking for the North Pole made me literally laugh out loud!

Norma said...

WOW, your cupcakes are amazing!!! For someone who does not have a sweet-tooth, your pics may change their mind, lol. You're amazing Jess!!!