Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Beach

OK since my last post was a total Debbie Downer, now you are in for a treat. BEACH PICS!

My moms side of the family has been going on an annual beach family reunion every year since I was little. Our family used to be so small that we could fit in one condo. Some of my very fondest memories growing up are from our beach trips.

Like the time I got to shave my legs for the first time. My mom, aunt and grandma all went into the jacuzzi tub with me, filled it up with bubbles, ate cucumber sandwiches and drank Bloody Marys (obvs virgin for me...I was 10!), and they taught me how to shave.

Or the time in high school when a friend would come to spend the night out in the condo and my cool as hell uncle would give us alcohol. And then we'd sneak downstairs at night with our boyfriends and kiss in the pool. That was so cool.

Or the time in college when I invited Mike out to the condo and he totally blew me off. My mom, aunts and grandma sat on the back porch with me while I cried and smoked cigarettes and they consoled me. (funny huh?)

Well now that I am a 'grown up' and have kids of my own, the tradition continues. It is so fun to watch the second generation of kids playing in the sand, swimming in the ocean (my heart BREAKS that that may be the last time.....) and cannonballing into the pool. Super fun times.

Jacob and my cousin, Alex

The boys!

Laura and the kids


The girls!

Beautiful, gorgeous Leah - my niece

My super cool nephew (and Parker's nemesis and BFF) Nate


Now my kiddos of course






The kids "driving the boat" on the dolphin cruise!




And now here are some family pics I took also.

The Devenny fam

Me and my baby girl

Beautiful boys

The Hanson fam

My beautiful grandmother, Mama Lou and her grandkids and great grandkids!

Bebe with her 5 grandkids

My mom and the girls!

The kids playin


The whole crew!


SO FUN!! And I am already counting the days until next year....

4 comments:

Lala said...

Best beach reunion so far for me!!!! I had a blast! My only complaint was that the trip was tooo short!!! Miss you!

Unknown said...

You all look like you had a blast. Your family is beautiful! Miss you!

Ebbs said...

I agree with Laura!!! THE BEST!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love this! I admit, I'm a bit jealous. My family has a mini-reunion at Thanksgiving, but it's only my mom, her husband, my siblings, and the kids. I wish aunts, uncles, cousins, etc were included. I know I need to just make it happen, but my family is so dysfunctional. You're blessed!