Monday, November 30, 2009

I owe you big...

I owe you big. A big, huge, long blog. I have been so slack (read: BUSY!) lately that my poor blog has suffered. I'm sure Mama Lou is the only one that has noticed....but I havent blogged much in the last several weeks. Sooo, here is what we have been doing.

The Devenny's came for Mike's 35th birthday. We had a great time and they were a lot of help to us! We went to the Dallas Aquarium




Went to Jacob's football "Super Bowl"



did LOTS of eating, and celebrated Mike's birthday. We had a great time!


After that fun weekend, we had Thanksgiving to get ready for! School is always fun for the kids that week before. Parker had his Thanksgiving Feast at school and it was sooo cute to watch him sing.

They sang a silly song about turkeys and he was cracking up during it! It was soo cute!

Then we ate Thanksgiving lunch together at school.


The weekend before Thanksgiving, Ana and I took a road trip to San Angelo to see our favorite band, Maroon 5. We had an AWESOME night and met some fun new friends


Then after seeing that picture of myself, I promptly went to the hairdresser. I HAD to do something to myself....talk about looking like a 12 year old. YUCK!! She put some dark in my hair and then my hair guy put some texture in.


Having the kids home last week was so much fun! (read: wowweweresobored) I took them to the mall one day to kill some time and the boys decided they wanted to "wear their work shirts". So they got dressed in their button downs and off we went. When we got there, the line for Santa was nonexistant and they were pretty well dressed, so I thought, what the hell..


I spent the entire day Wednesday cooking in anticipation of having a great Thanksgiving Day over at the Jordans. AT 10:30 that night, Mike got a text from Chris saying that Ana was the last victim of the stomach bug that had infiltrated their house....so I knew Thanksgiving at their house was out. We switched gears and invited the Havlovics over here for the day. We had FANTASTIC time and the kids we sooo well behaved. The comany and food was great, couldn't have asked for a better day...except if the Jordans had been able to come! ;)




We recovered from the mass amounts of food we ate and Mike headed out for golf the next day bright and early. When he came home, I went out shopping and to a movie with Ana. I scored some good Black Friday sales and we saw the movie 'Precious'. WOW...what a movie. If you have the opportunity, please seize it and go see it. Incredible acting and what a sad story!

Saturday morning we all woke up at 6 m sharp and headed for a 5K race in downtown McKinney. Jacob really wanted to do it because he wanted to get a medal, but we thought it was way too far. I figured we'd walk most of the way, but I thought even so that it was too far for his little legs. Much to my shock, we ran the whole 3 miles!! He insisted on keeping running even thought I asked him multiple times if he wanted to stop and walk a minute. We did the 3.1 miles in 33 minutes. I was amazed and so proud of him!! Unforch, I forgot my camera. Major duh!

Yesterday was the last day of the long holiday week so we took the day to decorate for Christmas. The boys went and got the tree while I decorated the house. They came home and we all decorated the tree together. It looks beautiful even though only the top part has ornaments on it! I have never had to do that before but Eden is a little maniac!! 10 bucks that the tree is pulled down at some point.....and I'm not kidding! Wild child!



Ta da!! (If you click on this picture to enlarge it, notice Parker has a bald spot on the top of his head. He got crazy with the scissors AGAIN! Dennis!!)


And lastly, baby girl has learned to smile for the camera! When I say "smile!" she says "Cheeeez!" and shows me all of her teeth. Too cute!


So there you have it....the last 3 weeks of our life. Now that I am caught up, it will be easier to blog! When I have sooo much to blog about, its hard to find the (at least) 30 minutes to do so!

3 comments:

Bebe said...

Thanks for all the updates and all the pics!!!! What fun you have had these last few weeks! And Christmas will be here before we know it and - MORE FUN!!!!! Can't wait!!!!

Mama Lou said...

I checked your Blog this morning, and same old, same old - nothing new. Your Mom just got home from work so excited that you had posted. Thanks so much, Jess. I almost feel like you did it for me, as I LOVE it so much. Precious pics and really good info on your life for the past few weeks. Am glad Ana and fam are better. Good for you to shift gears at the last minute for Tgiving. You're awesome!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Mama Lou isn't the only one checking the blog, I've missed you too! Love the pics. Eden is changing so much. More hair, more personality, stop her from getting any bigger!!
Love your new "do" btw, and I don't think you looked 12! Hugs all around!