Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day



I didn't get a chance to blog like I would have liked to yesterday. I'm so sorry! I wanted to give a shout out to all the Mothers out there......especially my own. She is beautiful, kind, giving, fun, and my best friend in the world! Thanks mom for being such an amazing Mother to me and such a wonderful Grandmother to my children. You have stolen their hearts in a major way.

I love you!!

And to Mama Lou and Mimi...2 other Mothers who play an important role in my life, I love you too and thank you. I am so lucky!

My Mothers Day was wonderful. I woke up to coffee and eggs benedict. (I was very impressed with the eggs benedict. But that's for K is for Kitchen, not here! :)) I got to go to the mall ALONE and return a few things. I got a pedicure. Mike got me a kick ass gift (which he totally didn't need to do)...which was a little 'Flip' handheld video camera. It was a great day and I really did get to reflect on how lucky I am to be able to celebrate this day. All because of these little munchkins that I love so very much!

We had a very busy weekend. We had some friends over Friday night for dinner and drinks. Saturday we did it all over again at another friends house. The kids and us both were EXHAUSTED but had a really great time. No baseball games this week and not much else going on. I start with a personal trainer today with should be fun. NOT! I CANNOT get this baby weight off and it is driving me crazy. And we all know that after a year you cant call it baby weight. I am getting close to that point so my healthy eating starts today. You will notice healthier recipes appearing on K is for Kitchen soon!

3 comments:

Ebbs said...

All great moms for sure!!!

Mama Lou said...

I'M the LUCKY ONE. I tried to count all the moms in mine and K's family and finally lost count! I am so, so lucky to be able to enjoy (but not enough) five precious great-grandchildren! Never did I think I would have this pleasure. And I think of my precious Mother, who didn't live long enough to have the joy that I have! But I'm sure she's looking down and enjoys the love we all share!

Bebe said...

Jess - thank you - you are a wonderful mother yourself and I am so very proud of you. And you have no idea how much joy those 3 precious children bring me! I am truly blessed!