Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blogging lull

Sorry guys! I haven't had anything super interesting to say so I have been posting pics, but not much else. So what has been going on? Hmmmm, lets think.....

This weekend was nice and SLOW. No games, no babysitters, no plans. It was the first time in I can't remember when. Friday night we went to one of our friends (and Jacobs buddy's) baseball game. Saturday we just milled around the house, watched the rain and relaxed. Sunday we decided to try to teach Jacob for the 100th time to ride his bike.

Oh LAAAAAAAWD. It was miserable. My blood pressure was through the roof and I was NOT amused. Every time we let go of the back, he stops pedaling altogether and falls to the side. Seriously, c'mon dude. You are almost 6. PEDAL THE DARN BIKE!! We have been trying to teach him for over a year and he just won't pedal. He doesn't even try. At all. It is soooo frustrating.

We had been to church that morning and I was wearing a dress. I was running behind the bike, sweating, with my dress flying up and my boobs releasing out the top. There were two cars that I can think of that I KNOW got quite the show. Now that I think of it, it was probably hilarious, but I was FAR from a laughing place. I was as mad as a hornet. Every time I would let go and he wouldn't even try I would feel like ripping my hair out. And saying every cuss word in the book. (Which I was doing. Under my breath. :))

So what did we do? We took away all electronics until he learned to ride. It sounds harsh, but he needs to learn for this summer so he can participate in neighborhood fun with his friends. He will thank us later! I don't want him to be the only one that cant go on a bike ride. I KNOW he can do it, so we took away all electronics thinking that he would really want to. We thought he would miss his DS, his Wii, the computer, or even the TV! Does he care? No. He hasn't asked to do any of those things even one time. He is content drawing and playing ball outside. Sigh. I give up.

Sooo, for my blood pressure's sake, I will not be participating in the bike lessons from here on out. It makes me a crazy person. Even thinking about it gets me all riled up. I think I will go drink my bottle of Zoloft now. AHHHHH!

Now that I got that off my chest (lol), not too much else has been going on. Mother's Day is this weekend so this week is busy, busy! Today was Muffins for Mom for Parker's class. Thursday I have a "Mother's Day Tea" for Jacob's class. And then of course I'm sure we will do something this weekend. I really want to go to the Gospel Brunch at The House of Blues down in Dallas (I have been wanting to do that for a long time), but when I tell Mike he says "yeah right". I think he thinks I am kidding! So Mike, if you are reading this (which he rarely does)....take the hint!!! I am not kidding!

So, see? Nothing much interesting to say over in this neck of the woods. I have done 5 loads of laundry today and am drying my 6th now. 7th is washing. I still have like 3 more, too. Sigh. Thank God it's Cinco de Mayo so I have a good excuse to crack open the Margarita Mix. Arriba!

3 comments:

Lala said...

I'm with ya on the Zoloft!!!!

Ebbs said...

Kids.....they will drive you crazy! When Jacob misses some fun while others are riding their bikes - he will learn. And yes.....you do what ya gotta do to avoid total frustration! Just wait.......that's what your mom always told me and now..I understand!!!

Karla said...

I've had many similar experiences with Maddie and her bike. I don't even know what to do anymore. I just flat give up. I picture her as that adult woman who can't ride a bike.