Saturday, February 6, 2010

Friday Fun Part Deux

Well the day started off...$hitty (pun intended)....and didn't look up much from there.

8:30 - Loaded up Parker and Eden to go to the gym. Somehow after our craptastic start to the day, I got myself together and got all 3 of us fed, dressed and ready. I got on the treadmill for about 20 minutes and then did a KILLER spin class that lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. I hobbled out of there and came home to get Eden down for a nap. The day was looking up!!

1:30 - Got kids fed, Eden down, grabbed a shower and decided to lay down until Jacob got home. By Friday afternoon I am pretty pooped! I laid down, turned on an old episode of Housewives of OC and thought, "WOW, I deserve this."

2:30 - Just as I get settled in, I hear Eden on the monitor. Seriously?? She just went down for Gods sake. As I start saying my Hail Mary's that she will fall back asleep, her fussing gets louder and more "awake" sounding. Shit.

2:45 - Get Eden out of bed and change a poop diaper. I know that she's not going to go back down but I still make the decision to get back in bed. The house was pretty picked up, I didn't have much else to do and I was REALLY tired. I mean, my house is pretty kid proofed, what could they get into that would be so bad? Plus, Jacob will be getting off the bus soon. Parker was watching Dora, so I decided to leave them be and go crawl back in bed. (You know where this is going, right?...)

4:00 - Yep, still in bed. It has been over an hour but I haven't hear any crashing sounds and no crying so I assume all is OK. Jacob has returned from school, made popcorn for them all as a snack and everything seems to be pretty hunky dory.

4:15 - enjoying watching Oprah interview Pink when Eden toddles in. I asked her if she got any popcorn and she says "Uh-oh." I knew that response couldn't be good. She is very smart and that was a purposeful answer.

4:30 - I drag my lazy sack of bones out of bed to check on everything. Mind you, the kids have been in several (read: hundreds of) times so I know they are OK.

DUM DUM DUUUUUMMMMMMMMMM

Much to my horror, the house is a freakin WRECK.

The first sight I see when I come out of my room is the office. Seems someone(s) (whose name does not start with a J, I am certain) has taken all the Solo Cups out of the pantry and done a dance on them. "Oh well, my fault", I think to myself. There was only a handful left anyway so no biggie.

I turn the corner and see that there is popcorn covering EVERY INCH of the floor from the play room all the way to the fireplace and in every groove in between. (I took a pic by it didn't do it justice). I see an abandoned broom and dustpan to which Jacob alerts me "I swept up as much as I could but Parker and Eden made a big mess." I mean really, at 6 to get out the broom and sweep up their mess? Pretty awesome, except for that I was still in such such disbelief that I was mad. I happened to be on the phone with Ana, who heard what Jacob said, and thankfully reminded me "Tell him thank you."

I walk further to see that my plant in my living room is unpotted. Luckily it is fake, so there was no soil, but all of that annoying moss that comes in fake plants was dug out, the styrofoam was showing and moss and styrofoam were ALL OVER THE CARPET in bitty pieces. Again, took a pic but it blended with the carpet so nothing exciting to show you.

I am now starting my labor breathing when I see that this little darling

decided to use the wall as an easel.


Seriously!?? Is this a movie? Or a nightmare dream or something?

I turn around to gather myself when I spot another art project that this little devil angel decided to partake in.

"Whew" I think to myself. Unsupervised children + a bottle of glue = not good....but it seems it was contained to the random piece of cardboard.

That is, until I tried to lift up the scattered papers. Seems Parker was trying to make us a new tablecloth and glued all the papers to the kitchen table.


I mean, really. I can't make this stuff up. Mike wasn't even coming home last night since he had a company Happy Hour meeting, so I was left with this mess. By this time, it was almost wine time so I poured myself a big one and got to cleanin. That's what I get for thinking I "deserved" some rest. Heathen kids.

3 comments:

Mama Lou said...

So much for naptime, Mom! Wish I was there to babysit while you "napped"! :-)

Ebbs said...

I do love these Devenny Dramas!!! Yes...I laughed so hard I cried!

pamie said...

Jessica...Your blog is the highlight of my week. I look so forward to the creativity of your kids and how beautifully you take me into your home with your descriptions! Hysterical! And by the way...could you PLEASE add a new recipe? That salad is looking a little wilted!!!