Saturday, August 22, 2009

Thankful.

Do you guys remember why I started doing all of this Team in Training stuff? I read a story of a girl from here, who had a baby about 4 months after I had Jacob. Her daughter, Allie was diagnosed with Leukemia at 5 months of age. I followed her blog every day, sometimes two and three times a day. I would sit at my computer and sob; imagining the horror that she must be living with her precious baby girl in the hospital hooked up to every machine possible. Her daughter passed away in September of 2004, at only 9 months old. I cried and cried and cried. Allie's story inspired me to run my first marathon. To raise money and do my part in helping cure these horrible cancers that take our babies, family members, and friends from us.

I still follow Jenny's blog (Allie's mom). She has had another baby girl since then and is about halfway through another pregnancy. In Allies memory, she has started a charity to help the families of cancer patients and survivors. She is honoring Allie's legacy in every way she can.

If Allie had lived, she would be 5 1/2 years old. She too would be starting Kindergarten on Monday. I wanted to share Jenny's blog post with you. Read the comments too. And be thankful for what you have.

http://charitymom.blogspot.com/2009/08/kindergarten.html

No comments: