Monday, August 10, 2009

Pool day!

Well since it is a hundred million degrees in Texas, we live at the pool most days. Today was one of those days!! Ya know....woke up, couldn't figure out what to do. All 4 of us paced the house bored until we ultimately decided to hit the pool. Again. You wouldn't think swimming would get old, but I am about sick of it! We had a fun day today and I got some cute pictures of the hoodlums....errr, I mean kids. :)

They insisted on riding their bikes...which is fine for Jacob. Parker? Well we all know he is 'Pokey Jones' so it takes him FOR-EH-VER. He just coasts along without a care in the world...meanwhile I am causing a traffic jam by following alongside him at .00001 mph.

Jacob posing before he gets in. Like Father like Son!

So excited to hop in after the 15 minute, .3 mile bike ride to the pool in the sweltering heat.

Playing in the splash area

Jacob being a sweet brother

Finding someones leftover snack on the pool deck.

Oops, as we get a closer look we can see that she is getting a protein filled dragonfly for snack instead of someones stale cheerios. Ick. (and no stone throwing at the fact that not only have I not brought her a snack of her own, but that her nails are in desperate need of a cutting. Cut me a break, summer has worn on me.)

Even though she eats bugs, she is still cute.

Right?

Cuz bugs make me "so big"!

Her new look. She walks around like an old man with no teeth all the time. Hilarious.

Loves!!

5 comments:

Karla said...

That post cracked me up. Your kids are so freaking cute, dragonflies and all.

Ebbs said...

I am so laughing at your darling family with your darling tales!!!

Mama Lou said...

What a GREAT Blog!!! Again, so precious and hope you know what a lucky Mom you are - I do!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love your story telling with photos. So my style!

Stacie said...

adorbs....dragonfly in the mouth and all! i agree with mama lou - GREAT blog :) xoxo