Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow day...part deux!

Last week I slothed around. I watched TV. I ate. I watched more TV. I played word games on my phone and iPad. I slept. I drank wine (who knew you could get sick of wine?). I was so ready for school to be back in and the sun to come out.

Then Monday came and guess what? The sun was out and the kids were back at school! I was elated! I drove around with my sun roof cracked and my music blaring. I was on a high and thinking that I had unknowingly been suffering from SAD. Then Tuesday came and same deal! My workout was AMAZING, I had a fun lunch with awesome friends and I was in an all around grand mood. I vowed to myself, 'next time bad weather comes, I will just turn on all the lights and listen to the music really loud and pretend that it is a nice day outside'!

And then.

Dum Dum duuuummmmmm....

The call came. 6:11 am and my phone rings. It is Drew Watkins, Superintendent of Prosper schools, saying school was once again cancelled because of ice and freezing conditions.

So here I sit. I have not had a proper meal all day, unless you could 5 cups of coffee, tuna out of the can, crackers and chocolate chips a meal. I took a bath only to warm myself up and then I put my pajamas back on. My children still look like this:


I NEED SUMMERTIME!!! I hoped if I closed my eyes real tight and thought about it real hard, I'd be able to bring myself back here

...but so far that hasn't worked.

Any ideas? Until you think of any, I'll be in my bed watching Oprah....

1 comment:

Atkinson Family said...

LOL. I love Eden's hair. Although we haven't had any school closings I have one with RSV and another with Strep Throat, so needless to say my hair looks like Eden's.